A few weeks ago, I went away with my bestie’s to a log cabin. Filled with food, drinks, christmas markets and of course a hot tub! One of my friends suggested we baked some brownies, so whilst I chilled watching Bridget Jones’ Diary, the two Emily’s made insanely good brownies! They used Laura In The Kitchen’s recipe, which Emily swears by!
I was in the mood to bake, so I decided to make the brownies that the girls made. I wanted to add something else into the mixture and went for Cadbury’s Caramel Nibbles, I accidentally used the full bag haha, but it’s Christmas so it’s okay.
5 ounces of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
7 ounces of Bittersweet Chocolate, melted
1 Cup of Sugar
2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
¼ tsp of Salt
1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
2 Large Eggs
2 Tbsp of warm Water
1 tsp of Instant Espresso Powder
2/3 Cup of All Purpose Flour
1) Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 8 by 8 inch square pan with non stick cooking spray and lay the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
2) In a small cup mix together the warm water with the instant espresso powder, set aside.
3) In a large bowl whisk together the sugar and butter until fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla extract and espresso mixture. Beat until all is combined.
4) Add the melted chocolate and whisk, add the dry ingredients and mix everything together until it’s incorporated but don’t over mix.
5) Pour batter into your prepared pan and bake for about 40 to 45 minutes or until when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with moist crumbs but not wet batter.
6) Cool for about 5 minutes in the pan and then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Cut into bars and serve!
I ended up using half the amount of dark chocolate, just because I only picked up one bar. But in all honesty, I don’t think the brownies would of needed another bar of chocolate! I did add a full bag of caramel nibbles though so it’s not like they are any healthier. I took them out of the oven after about 30 mins, I’m not sure why they cooked so quickly but keep that in mind if you bake them. These brownies are absolutely delicious, I’m not usually the best at baking brownies but these turned out so good, I’m going to mix around with flavours and toppings too, I’ll keep you posted.